is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Our mission is to inspire creative reuse and environmentally sustainable behavior by providing educational programs and affordable materials to the community. learn more »
We are introducing our C3 Raise the Roof Campaign so that Cary Creative Center can move into a larger facility to serve our community better!
From now through September 2014, we will be announcing many initiatives that will bring the idea of a larger space to reality – with your help! Did you see us in the Cary News? Check it out…
We can Raise the Roof with the help of Amazon Smiles!
When you go to buy on amazon.com type smile.amazon.com instead. Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchases. Log in using your regular Amazon account and then select Cary Creative Center as your charity.
More things you can do to help…
What’s happening this April!
April 12th – Annual BookMarked! Event, Downtown Cary
Now in its 5th. year, Bookmarked! is a one-day celebration of reading, music and fun for the whole family featuring locally known “celebrity-hero” readers, musicians, games, and arts activities that encourage healthy social and emotional development while also instilling a love of reading.
Date: Saturday, April12, 2014
- Time: 10:00 am – 12 pm
- Location: Cary Performance Green - Academy St. at Dry Ave. – Across from the new Art Center
- Website: http://www.lucydanielscenter.org/news-events/bookmarked
Look for these other APRIL events as we get the details.
- April 19 Earth Day at the Cary Creative Center
- April 22 Earth Day (official holiday)
- April 26, 2014 Spring Dazes – Bond Park
What’s happening this May!
Belk Charity Sale – May 3rd - 6 AM-10 AM
Purchase Exclusive Entry Ticket NOW at Cary Creative Center for $5 for admission and $5 OFF your purchase. WIN- WIN!! your donation goes to the C3 Raise the Roof Campaign and you get $5 off your purchase at BELK! The first 100 customers in each store that day also will receive a Belk gift card ranging in value from $5 to $100. Three $1,000 gift cards will be awarded companywide.
Date: Saturday, May 3, 2014
- Time: 6:00 am – 10 am
- Location: ANY BELK in the USA
- Cost: $5 at Cary Creative Center
- website see what’s on sale
- Article in Charlotte Biz Journal
Jack Johnson Concert at Koka Booth Amphitheater
See our C3 Raise the Roof Campaign Page to learn about this and other coming events to raise funds for a new home for the Cary Creative Center.
- Visit us at the show! We will be at the Jack Johnson’s concert Koka Booth Ampitheatre in Cary on May 21st. Please come visit us, take environmental action, and enter to win Best Seats in the House – a chance to watch the show from the side of the stage!
- Help us raise funds! Jack Johnson’s charity is matching donations contributed to us at the show or directly to our organization through September 1st, up to a total of $2500. Make a contribution right now and your money will be doubled by the Johnson Ohana Charitable Foundation! Go to C3 Raise the Roof Campaign Page to make a donation and to learn more about this event.
Collection reductions to some donated item….
If you have been to our center lately to donate you will notice that our warehouse is packed to the ceilings and we are exploding out of our building. This means we have to limit some of the items we collect for a short while.
We feel so bad that we have to limit some of what we take in. We wish we had a larger building to accommodate everything. At this time we can no longer accept plastic containers of any kind, Styrofoam including peanuts, toilet and paper towel rolls, long cardboard tubes, used wax candles, wallpaper & fabric sample books, used greeting cards new are still welcome, office file folders, in and out trays and rolodex . We are also full of computer keyboards, cd cases and video tapes, staplers and tape dispenser however, tape and staples are still welcome. Please call if you have a rather large item to donate to see if we have the room for it.